Wednesday, July 31, 2013

The end of posteverafter

11 years, one silly long engagement, a wedding, in-laws, infidelity and a surreal afternoon of abuse later, I am getting a divorce from the boy.

Since November 
In the past 
One year 

Since the last time I posted, I have discovered

The boy brought his mother and brother over to live with us.

3.5 years ago.

And they never left.

Then the boy had an affair. In the traditional sense. With sex and all.

It happened while I was going through IVF.

6 months ago.

And then the boy and I had arguments. And he raised his hand on me.

2 days ago.

And in between all those statements, there was counseling, misunderstandings, starting over, and a terrible fog of resentment.

Could my story get any more melodramatic or brown than that?

I think not.

I am however blessed to have a fantastic support group of siblings (how brilliant is it that my sister is living with me right now), besties, friends in the city, and living away from India.

I can't deal with letting my parents know since they are dealing with their own issues now. And I don't believe I have the strength to take care of them. So any readers of mine who know my parents do keep it quiet.

Onward and upwards to new adventures.

4 comments:

Broom said...

I'm so very sorry. And shocked.
Glad you have the support you need.

xox

AD said...

To new adventures and new beginnings!I'd drink to that if I could.

Childwoman said...

Onwards and upwards my friend.

hugs to you

Childwoman

Dee said...

As my mother would say...

"Good riddance to bad rubbish"

Best of luck!