Sunday, November 18, 2012

Things that are happening:


  • An attitude shift about the in-laws living here. This might be a temporary insanity moment for me. But the MIL has been very helpful with my sister. I no longer have to worry about cooking food and all the associated trials that come with it. There is nothing more irksome than coming home and having the burden of food fall on you. 
  • Also, realizing that my situation may be a bit easier than others who find themselves living with in-laws. One - it's my house & hence the balance of power resides favorably on my side. Two - I always find that the only thing the MIL imposes on me is the need for a polite conversation. So I may have been taking the whole evil daughter-in-law thing a bit too far. 
  • My involvement with my city's community
    • I am been serving on the board of local non-profits and the local TED committee for over a year now. And I am finding myself involved / invited with all sorts of cool things and cool people. It makes this place feel a bit more like home.
    • I am also realizing that my after-hours work is FAR more satisfying to the soul than my day work. 
  • The IVF journey proceeds on with tests and injections and egg retrievals and other boring what nots. We wait. Me not so patiently and the boy annoyingly patiently. 

3 comments:

la vida loca said...

All for the better. Been meaning to ask- what's cooking for thanksgiving? I feel the need to live vicariously. :)

Spicy Chai said...

Introspection is the key to self awareness, and in my case at least, better behaviour :) All the best with everything Me, thinking of you and the Boy on the IVF.

SC

Me said...

Thank you ladies. I am so grateful to have a space where I can vent and where I have this community to share with. Hope you all have a fantastic Thanksgiving.