Tuesday, November 13, 2012

The in-laws are now a permanent fixture. And shall be for a year and a half.
The boy had gotten his mom out but she moved right back in when the BIL had a seizure because of blockage in a vein. While I firmly believe medical happenings can occur to anyone, it is the utter lack of sense displayed by a 24 year old that freaks me out. Inane stuff like not signing up for his insurance. Not knowing how to communicate to the doctors and other piddling whatnots. The MIL moved in and immediately began fasting, which really is the silliest thing to do if you have a whole host of medical problems yourself. To each his own.

We have now settled into this routine where the BIL & MIL are confined to their area of the house and only come out for their meals. I have secured a television for them in their rooms and there they sit.
I find that I am the archetypal evil daughter-in-law, where they are not allowed to do x number of things and only allowed y number of things. But if I didn't have that much control over my life, I would go stark raving mad. Obviously, this has brought enormous strife to the boy & I's relationship.

But I firmly believe, in this day and age, I am entitled to a certain amount of control in my own house when it comes to semi-permanent guests. Especially considering all the allowances I made for them in the past 3 years. It is a bit sad that of the 4 years we have been married, 3 of them were spent with the in-laws lurking around in our space.

No comments: