Saturday, September 08, 2012

Today has been one of those days that I want to record for future reference.
I have been so blessed and am so grateful for all that has been happening in my life.
My little sister is now in the U.S., studying at the university in our town and living with us.
My parents left today and what began as activities to distract any possible sadness turned into a wonderful, blessed day.
I took my sister to all the places that I have been wanting to take her to since forever - my favorite Vietnamese place, my favorite store, trivial stuff like a salon and a library.
I have never, ever thought of returning to India (perhaps one day to Dubai for a while) and this experience with my sister has solidified my resolve.
I know there are many with disabilities who live fulfilling lives in India and I commend them for it. But if you don't have money or the toughest, strongest resolve, even simple stuff like going to a library, when your limbs don't obey you, can be a hassle.

4 comments:

hillgrandmom said...

Absolutely! It is so very difficult as my son, who needs crutches all the time, can attest to. Very few places are wheelchair or disabled friendly.

fortyfiveminutes said...

You are so privileged to be able to have your sister live so close to you/with you and be able to enjoy even the 'regular' everyday things in her company. Very happy for both of you!

eeprikka said...

So true!
Must be nice to have your sis around and so wonderful that you two have each other! Good luck to her with Uni and everything else!

3inone said...

Hi me!
All the best to your sister. Hope both of you have a great time!

And I didn't realise you were blogging again until just now.

3inone