Sunday, August 27, 2017

A Lifetime later

It's been four years since the boy and I stopped being an 'us'. 

And there has not been a single moment where I have regretted walking away.

Divorce is such a mixed bag of cliches.
It's liberating, it's life altering, it opens up a world of possibilities, it's emotionally perplexing, and it's one of the most public admittance of failure there is.  

To say that the boy turned out not-quite-to-be who I thought he was Or that the person I was with him was an imposter is an understatement.

Over the years, I have experienced so many moments that made me realize that the things I used to dream of and the possibilities that I thought should exist does. 

And every moment puts into sharp relief that I had sort of sold myself short with the boy. 
Not just that he wasn't the person I wanted in my life but that I hadn't expected more for and of myself. And that I had unwittingly roped another person into a life neither of us wanted. 

I am eternally grateful to have left.

I am happy. And I have been happy for sometime now. 

And I wanted the interwebs to know that I was. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's great to hear from you again! :)