Thursday, September 26, 2013

The day after

It is amazing what this blog has meant to me.
Such articulate rendering of the life I led with him.
He was all manners of not right for me but for a period in time, we were loved by each other. And perhaps in some alternate universe, if his personality was completely eviscerated, we are still laughing about how Shamu got framed and he is explaining his inanely wrapped theories of how the tides happen because the water recedes in another part of the world (don't ask! Bangladeshi education system).
But when I think of all that transpired in my marriage (the cheating, the emotional withdrawal, the constant pushing away of my needs and the final physical abuse), I know, in spite of the maudlinness, that alternate universe is the crappy, less-than-perfect one.

No comments: