Sunday, November 20, 2011

Catching up

2011 started with me wanting to write more but I kept wanting to wait till I strung the perfect sequence of words. And then a whole year passed and I was stuck stringing words in my mind and being too hesitant to put them to blog. So bear with the disjointed thoughts that pour out, while I get back into this blogging thing :)

What have I been doing this past year?
2011 was big year of procrastination. I started this year with tons of goals and then somewhere along the way, I got hooked on Korean dramas and lost steam.
Ok - that's an oversimplified explanation.

In 2011 – the boy & I went through some scary phases, from which I don’t think I have fully recovered yet. There were tears and tons of soul searing moments.

And though we patched things up, I had withdrawn so much from our relationship that reentry into it took me a while. We are, slowly making our way back and the boy has been solid in his support and love in helping me.

Enough of the angst!


Things we achieved:
We got our permanent resident cards.
The paperwork was not too cumbersome or this could be what happens when you put so much space between the event and the recapping of it.
I do recall my parents telling me to be thankful I was applying in this century of superinformation rather than when they thought of applying.
So now we are four years away from applying for our citizenship - yeeshk.
You would think having lived in this country for nearly 10 years would count for something. But oh well. We've lived a decade in this country. And I can't remember living in another country that felt more like home.
I think it comes from having led such a transient lifestyle. I don't think Middle Eastern countries lend themselves to giving an expat a secure feeling.

What difference has having a PR made in our lives?
Not much - except being able to travel to Canada without a visa (wOOhoo)
And last month, a work friend and I, after months of research, started our own company.
We have finished our business plan, secured our funding, and are now working with peeps to get our website/logo and other whatnots designed.

So that's what I have been up to. What I haven't been up to is:
  • Doing the baby thing
  • Getting healthy
You win some, you lose some, eh?

2 comments:

Sig said...

Glad to see you're back! I am sure that things are better now and am really happy to hear of your new business :)

Blog more!! That's an order!

la vida loca said...

congrats!!! and good luck